ADSM-L

Re: How to check which files/path use which mgmtclass?

2002-06-25 14:01:30
Subject: Re: How to check which files/path use which mgmtclass?
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:58:45 -0500
Yes simply enter this command from TSM server side.

show version node_name *

Sung Y. Lee
E-mail sunglee AT us.ibm DOT com

                      Joni Moyer
                      <joni.moyer@HIGHM        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      ARK.COM>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: How to check which
files/path use which mgmtclass?
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      06/25/2002 12:44
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Is there an easy way to do this if I don't have access to the client side
of things?  Thanks!

Joni Moyer
Associate Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338

                    Bill Boyer
                    <bill.boyer@VE       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    RIZON.NET>           cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: How to check
which files/path use which mgmtclass?
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    06/25/2002
                    12:42 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

You could run a select against the BACKUPS table, but that usually runs a
loooonnnngggg time. What I would do would be to connect to the web client
interface on that server (http://server:1581) click restore, select to show
active/inactive files and then surf on over to that directory in the tree.
On the right side you'll get the files displayed that are backed up and the
management class is listed.

Or you could go to that server/client, run the client ocmmand line and
issue
a QUERY BACKUP for that directory to get a list of files and their bound
management class.

That would be the easiest way to check for this client.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.