ADSM-L

Full Disk Pool Bug?

2002-06-24 12:42:57
Subject: Full Disk Pool Bug?
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichman AT ZANTAZ DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:43:50 -0700
My clients on a test backup server (4.2.1) seem to think the disk pool is
full and go right to the tape pool. So I took out the tape pool as the next
stgpool for the diskpool and now the backups fail altogether. Apparently
they believe the disk pool has no space. Clearly though, it does.. Whats
going on here? Is this a known bug? I've tried halting and restarting the
server but that didn't help. Looking for suggestions..??

ANR0525W Transaction failed for session 4 for node CYGNUS-PRI-10.0.104.1
(Linux86) - storage media inaccessible.
ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 4 for node CYGNUS-PRI-10.0.104.1
(Linux86) - no space available in storage pool BACKUPPOOL and all successor
pools.
ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 4 for node CYGNUS-PRI-10.0.104.1
(Linux86) - no space available in storage pool BACKUPPOOL and all successor
pools.
ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 4 for node CYGNUS-PRI-10.0.104.1
(Linux86) - no space available in storage pool BACKUPPOOL and all successor
pools.
ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 4 for node CYGNUS-PRI-10.0.104.1
(Linux86) - no space available in storage pool BACKUPPOOL and all successor
pools.
ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 4 for node CYGNUS-PRI-10.0.104.1
(Linux86) - no space available in storage pool BACKUPPOOL and all successor
pools.
ANR0403I Session 4 ended for node CYGNUS-PRI-10.0.104.1 (Linux86).

tsm: SERVER1>q stg

Storage      Device       Estimated    Pct    Pct  High  Low  Next Stora-
Pool Name    Class Name    Capacity   Util   Migr   Mig  Mig  ge Pool
                               (MB)                 Pct  Pct
-----------  ----------  ----------  -----  -----  ----  ---  -----------
ARCHIVEPOOL  DISK           1,030.0    0.5    0.5    90   70
ARCHIVEPOOL  DISK           1,030.0    0.5    0.5    90   70
BACKUPPOOL   DISK         122,891.0   33.3   33.3    90   40
SPACEMGPOOL  DISK               0.0    0.0    0.0    90   70
TAPEPOOL     DC.LIB_TA-   436,090.3   30.9   60.0    90   70
              PE_1

tsm: SERVER1>help ANR0522W
---
---
ANR0522W Transaction failed for session session number for node node name
ANR0522W Transaction failed for session session number for node node name
(client platform) - no space available in storage pool pool name and all
successor pools.

Explanation: The server ends a database update transaction for the specified
session because the storage pool specified in the client's management class
copy group does not contain enough free space to hold the files sent from
the client. Successor storage pools to the one specified on the copy group
do not contain enough free space.

System Action: The specified session is ended and server operation
continues.

User Response: An authorized administrator can issue the DEFINE VOLUME
command to add storage to one or more storage pools in the storage
hierarchy. This action may also involve creating storage space by using an
operating system specific utility.

Gerald Wichmann
Senior Systems Development Engineer
Zantaz, Inc.