ADSM-L

3583 with SDG, Windows 2000 and Qlogic 2200 adapters

2002-06-22 10:45:28
Subject: 3583 with SDG, Windows 2000 and Qlogic 2200 adapters
From: rs6000 <rs6000 AT BTINTERNET DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:42:02 +0100
Hi all

Here's the scenario:

TSM 4.2.1.15 Server on Win2K
3583 with San Data Gateway
2109 Switch

Implemented the solution only to be called back with the library not responding
to TSM. After a closer inspection I notice that the library has now been
renamed by Windows from lb2.1.0.5 to lb3.1.0.6.

So, how is this possible. There have been no hardware address changes made and
I made sure to name the libary and the drives independently of the windows
generic naming ie

lb2.1.0.5 was configured as LTOLIB
\\.\Tape0 was configured as DRIVE1
\\.\Tape1 was configured as DRIVE2

I have read in the Qlogic literature that persistent naming is not supported
which means the binding needs to happen elsewhere. I cant zone the switch to
tightly because I will be configuring SAN agents next and that means all the
SAN attached hosts need access to the library.

Has anyone one out there seen this happening in a SAN environment and how I can
make it go away?

Any help is much appreciated

Rgds
John