ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange

2002-06-21 10:42:42
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:32:20 -0400
> Is there any way to know this in advance? The Exchange people schedule
the
> full backup once a week and incrementals for all other days. Now the
backup
> failed, so if we can find out in advance whether a full backup is
required
> we can start a full automatically instead of the incremental.
> Do you know a way to do this in a script or batchfile or something?
> Again, thank you for your answer!

Eric,

I am guessing you could run some sort of script that would
parse the output and recognize the particular error that is
displayed in this situtation, something like this:
  Unable to perform an incremental backup because a required
  Microsoft Exchange database log file could not be found.
and redrive the "full" backup if it is detected.
There is currently nothing built in to TDP for Exchange.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation.
Strive for excellence, not perfection.