ADSM-L

Filespaces, rebinding and scripts.

2002-06-21 09:18:52
Subject: Filespaces, rebinding and scripts.
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:16:28 -0500
I am using TSM Server 4.1.1 on Aix 4.3.3. NT client version 4.1.3
MC_current is defined as versions exists 21, versions deleted 21, retain
extra 21, retain only 90 and set as the default management class.

NODE1   does not have an include so it defaults to MC_current

My retention requirements have changed due to some legal issues and I plan
on creating MC_new and placing it in the opt file for this node and
restarting the scheduler service.

  As a test, I did this on a node. After a successful backup was run, I made
a change to MC_current to ver delete 0, retain only 0 and ran an expiration
and a number of files were expired from my tapes for this test node, that I
assumed would have rebound to MC_new.