ADSM-L

AW: Moving DB, LOG, & DiskPool from SAN to local drives

2002-06-21 04:30:53
Subject: AW: Moving DB, LOG, & DiskPool from SAN to local drives
From: Jorg Nouvertne <joerg.nouvertne AT WTAL DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:28:54 +0200
Hi,

I went to the procecess recently, and regarding if you do not change the
volumes sizes, it will work pretty smooth using the 3rd volume copy. If you
however want to consolidate several smaller volumes into one (as I did),
then you need to define an additional volume including a copy of the same
size as the original ones, and then delete the old ones. This will kick in a
process that moves the data off from them. For the log volumes, please note
that there is a size restriction and you might need shrink it first to small
temporary volumes (when the util is low), remove the original ones, and then
extend the log with the new ones.

Regarding the diskpool, I would also create new ones, set the old to
readonly, and then start to move the data using "move data volname
stgp=same_stgp.

Best regards,

Jorg