ADSM-L

Réf. : Re: NSM Upgrade Experience

2002-06-20 15:22:47
Subject: Réf. : Re: NSM Upgrade Experience
From: Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT DESJARDINS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:20:29 -0400
We are currently testing version 4.2.2.2. Of course this is done on a very
small basis so its hard to bump in to these problems. My production db is 18gb.
Should I wait
until this is solved before leaving version 4.1.3 which has been very good to
me the past year and a half?

When you talk abour corruption, what kind was it. I have some ANR9999D messages
that pop up here and there and support has told me to do an audit db. This is
very hard to
schedule in my environnement since we have oracle, db2 and notes apllications
logging all through the day. I must say that Beat Largo's message has made me
more confident
about the duration of an audit. I might be able to squeeze it in an 8 hour
window.

Guillaume Gilbert
CGI Canada

"Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 2002-06-20 14:10:07

Veuillez répondre à "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Envoyé par :   "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Pour :    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc :
Objet :   Re: NSM Upgrade Experience

The corruption was in the DB before the upgrade.
There is a bad lock contention problem when running expiration with
4.2.2.0-4.
(4.2.2.4 did mitigate the problem some but didn't solve it)

We had symptoms prior to the upgrade, since the upgrade to 4.2.2 we have
been crashing on a regular basis.

I just shipped off a core dump, activity log and output from a lot of show
commands this morning to level 2 that showed an expiration process hanging
and the scheduler manager crashing.

It's not pretty, and I wouldn't go there if I didn't have to.

Again, YMMV - I may just be one unlucky S.O.B.