ADSM-L

"Please HELP !!" TSM and Windows 2000 Active Directory.

2002-06-20 08:19:37
Subject: "Please HELP !!" TSM and Windows 2000 Active Directory.
From: "Consiglio, Tony" <consigli AT BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:17:52 -0400
I too have been posting this question to this list for about a month and a
half....From what I am reading, Some users are saying that they can backup
the System object either manually, or through the DSM.OPT file.

I have several questions:

1.) Has any one ever done a " Successful" disaster recovery with TSM 4.2x
(or higher) on a W2K DC in AD?

2.) Which version?

3.) Was it to Same server or Different server?

4.) What should we be aware or watch out for?

5.) Since we do not administer the TSM backup servers we would have to do
this through the DSM.OPT file, how could this be accomplished?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.