ADSM-L

Moving DB, LOG, & DiskPool from SAN to local drives

2002-06-19 16:55:18
Subject: Moving DB, LOG, & DiskPool from SAN to local drives
From: Chuck Lam <chuck_lam AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:53:35 -0700
Hi,

I have TSM 4.1.4 running off AIX 4.3.3.  All my TSM
Data(DB, LOGs, DISKPOOL) are currently in a Storage
Area Network. Due to requirement of my company, I need
to move them off to local disk drives. I like to ask
if anyone has gone through this process before, can
share some of his or her experience. How do you
safeguard the data while you're moving the Database
and the Logs?  Can this be done online while the daily
backups are still going on?...etc.

TIA