ADSM-L

Re: DB backups

2002-06-19 06:59:20
Subject: Re: DB backups
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:57:38 +0200
Hi

You don't have to do full backups every hour to be able to do
point-in-time restore of the database.

Having your recovery log in roll-forward mode, means that you don't have
to backup your database. In case of a corrupt database, you just restore
you're database that you have backed up earlier, and then tell TSM to do a
point-in-time restore. This means that after TSM has restored the database
from the tape, it will inspect the log, to see what transactions have been
made after the database backup.

This was what I was trying to explain in my last message.

Using this scenario, you don't have to backup your database twice a day.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman