ADSM-L

Re: Data inconsistencies

2002-06-18 05:14:49
Subject: Re: Data inconsistencies
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:12:42 +0300
What have you totalled - sum(capacity) or sum(capacity * pct_util / 100) ?
Latter will give you the ammount of data while former will give you the
space in filesystems (occupied and non-occupied). Also take into account
that not all the data may be backed up - you can exclude some files.
And an example on the end:
100 GB filesystem with 20 Oracle data files 4 GB each will give 80 GB
occupied and 20 GB empty space.
Later data files are excluded from B/A client and Oracle tablespaces being
say 66% utilized will give approx. 53 GB of backups.
And if you have client compression say 2.4:1 will have this data occupying
only 22 GB.
etc., etc. ...

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant