ADSM-L

compressalways

2002-06-17 12:57:50
Subject: compressalways
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:56:01 +0200
Hi,

I have one client who uses client-side compression. When we recommended
settion the compressalways option to 'no' he got the following message:

#dsmc incremental -subdir=yes
ANS1036S Invalid option 'COMPRESSALWAYS' found in options file
'/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys'
         at line number : 12
         Invalid entry : 'COMPRESSALWAYS                NO'

ANS1038S Invalid option specified

I was able to reproduce this on a Linux client (His is a 5.1.0.0 on Solaris
8). Surprise to see this stanza does work when I put it in dsm.opt! Now when
I very carefully read the 5.1 client docs, it expliceitly states this must be
entered in the dsm.sys file. Is the manual in error or is this a client bug?
Anyone seen this before?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams