ADSM-L

Re: good readings

2002-06-14 18:15:18
Subject: Re: good readings
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:04:32 EDT
In article <25148.66.127.21.142.1023897170.squirrel AT imageway DOT com.>, Rick
<rick AT IMAGEWAY DOT COM> says:

>Hey all,
>I am a bit new to the list and am in a position to implement TSM 4.2 and
>would like to get some good reading material so that I can better
>understand TSM.  Would anyone have some good recommendations?  I have a
>couple of the redbooks and have been going through them but if anyone would
>have some further recommendations (websites, books, etc) I would appreciate
>them.
Hello Rick

Welcome to the club.

You might want to give us a little more info on which platform you are
planning to install TSM on. Which clients platforms you will be supporting.
Which Tape drives and library do you plan to use.
Any special data needs such as notes, exchange, oracle, etc.
Number and relative size of clients, etc.(50, 500, 5000clients), ndmp etc.

You can find this lists available for searching at www.adsm.org

Also unless you have a special need, you might want to look at installing
TSM 5.x and skip and upgrade in the near future.

Regards Len Boyle

Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room RB448                                  len.boyle AT sas DOT com
1 SAS Campus Drive                          (919) 531-6241
Cary NC 27513