ADSM-L

Re: DB backups

2002-06-14 10:54:10
Subject: Re: DB backups
From: William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:48:40 -0400
We changed our roll forward to NORMAL and have seen very little (once in a
year) crash due to full recovery log.  This may be an option instead of the
type FILE.

                    "Jolliff,
                    Dale"                To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <[email protected]       cc:
                    OM>                  Subject:     DB backups
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    06/14/02 10:01
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Is anyone doing db backups to disk using devclass type FILE?

I know, it's not necessarily a good thing, but right now we have a db that
is large enough that the log can fill before a full db backup can run.

Before I set this up, I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this.