ADSM-L

Re: Execute OS or TSM command on completion of client schedule

2002-06-13 16:47:00
Subject: Re: Execute OS or TSM command on completion of client schedule
From: "Peter Pijpelink - P.L.C.S. BV Storage Consultants" <tsm AT PLCS DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:43:56 +0200
You can trigger something like a command bases on a exit code. See the
messages manual on tivoli website.

good luck

Peter

At 14:54 13-06-2002 -0500, you wrote:
I am running 4.2.2.1 AIX clients with a 4.1.3 AIX server.

If I want to execute an OS level command on a client or a TSM command on
completion of a server scheduled client backup, do I have to run the backup
from inside a macro or command script and fire off an immediate action
schedule for the client at the end of it? Or even make the schedule be an
immediate action schedule that fires off a client OS level script which
starts with the backup and then does what I need at the end? This sort of
thing gets really cludgy.

I really need an event trigger. Preferably with a SUCCESS/FAIL indicator
associated with it.