ADSM-L

Experiences with (unsupported) OS/2 V3.2.7 clients

2002-06-13 14:08:42
Subject: Experiences with (unsupported) OS/2 V3.2.7 clients
From: Jan Vanbrabant <Jan_Van_Brabant AT SKILLTEAM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:54:31 +0200
Hi,

We are running unsupported on mainframe with TSM V3 = 5697-TSO S/390 MVS
edition.
With still OS/2 (remember :-) ???) clients in our shop (phasing out OS/2
being much more
than an overnight project ....),
We run  V3.7.2 OS/2 clients.
.
TSM 4.1 for OS/390 will be out of support 30 September 2002.
TSM 4.2 will be out of support 15 April 2003.
So we go TSM S/390 V5.1 (obvously)...
.
But we get in trouble of course with the client support:
only TSM Client 5.1 and 4.2 are compatible with TSM Server 5.1
So from the OS/2 client perspective, we are/stay out-of-support anyway.
.
My questions to you, ADSM/TSM community:
Have you experiences with V3.7.2 OS/2 clients running with a TSM S/390 V4.2
or 5.1 server?
Have you been faced with problems?
Were you able to live with it? To overcome them?
If you got problems, did you open a PMR with IBM? How did the support
center and the C/T (change team) react?
Officially, they don't have to support you? But did they lock you out
really and did they leave you in the cold?

Anxious to know your experiences ...

Rgds.
Jan