ADSM-L

Re: Technical question.

2002-06-12 22:04:51
Subject: Re: Technical question.
From: Molly YM Pui <puimym AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:05:36 +0800
How about if I have pre-defined the tape library sharing feature for the 2
TSM Servers in the 2 sites? So when both TSM Server instances run on the
same machine, I can activate the tape library sharing features so one act
as the Library Manager and the other as Library Client?

Theoretically seems ok to me, but the operation looks complex, anyone has
implemented this similar config?

Best Regards,

Molly Pui

                      Adolph Kahan
                      <akahan AT ICA DOT NET>         To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          cc:
                      Dist Stor                Subject:  Re: Technical question.
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      06/13/2002 02:26
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

You would have to partition the library and in the case of a 3583 you
cannot partition the library. If you had a 3584, then you could
logically partition the library giving each TSM server some cartridge
slots as well as some tape drives.