ADSM-L

Help Big trouble with password expiration of many clients, no sessions can start is this a bug in TSM W2K Server 4.2.1.12

2002-06-06 12:42:57
Subject: Help Big trouble with password expiration of many clients, no sessions can start is this a bug in TSM W2K Server 4.2.1.12
From: Norbert Martin NKM-Solutions <nkm.martin AT T-ONLINE DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 18:44:34 +0200
Hi *smer,

i have a big problem with the password expiration of the clients
(4.2.1.20)!!!

In the network are up to 80 clients like NT, W2K, Aix, Linux and Oracle TDP.

The Client Opt Set has the entry passwordaccessgenerate yes

The TSM Server status has the Password expiration Period set on 90 Days
default.

Yesterday, the the Password expiration Period set was changed to 30 Days.

The problem is: All tsm Client, without any reboot or stop/start of the TSM
Scheduler services,
                can't save the data to the tsm server, because the password
has changed in the tsm server (DB)
                and the reg of the client. But the tsm client sched has
itself the "old" password!

At the first step, I changed the  TSM Server status -> Password expiration
Period set to 9999
At next I update Node * passexp=9999

But how can I change the old state of the password and the old password in
the registry without a lot of
"server walking"?

Can anybody help?

regards Norbert