ADSM-L

Re: Dump file backup for MS SQL server

2002-06-05 16:49:04
Subject: Re: Dump file backup for MS SQL server
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:46:37 -0400
> I'm trying to back up only 4 dump files from MS SQL server through TSM
> 3.7. When the client scheduler started, there was an error message
> 'protocol violation...' I checked TCP/IP setting and it looked OK.
>
> My question: Did this happen because I didn't install TDP for MS SQL? We
> thought there wouldn't be a problem to back up only a few dump files
> generated by SQL server. Should I install TDP on SQL sever in order to
> back up ANY files from that server?

I have sometimes fixed this kind of problem by manually resetting the
TSM password. I used the 'update node' command from a dsmadmc session
to inform the TSM server of the new password. I then logged on to the
client system and executed a 'dsmc query backup' command. The command
prompted me for the new password and stored the new password (we use
'passwordaccess generate').