ADSM-L

checking inclexcl syntax

2002-06-05 12:02:52
Subject: checking inclexcl syntax
From: Kai Hintze <kai_hintze AT ALBERTSONS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:01:02 -0700
Greetings, friends and comrades!

Can you please help me confirm that I have my include/exclude list set up
correctly? I am using TDP for Informix 4.1.3 with TSM API 4.2.2.1. My DBA's
want to do 1 level0 backup on the weekend, and 1 level1 backup during the
week. They want to keep a month's worth of each. Of course we also need to
backup the logs.

I have created a management class for the logs whose backup copygroup has
VerExists=1, VerDeleted=0, RetExtra=30, RetOnly=30 (I know, some redundancy
there, but I am occasionally paranoid :).  I created a management class for
the dbspaces with VerExists=4, VerDeleted=1, RetExtra=30, RetOnly=30. The
informixserver is named "inf2" and the servernum is 2. Since the inclexcl
evaluates from the bottom up, I put it like this:

exclude /var/adm/schedule.log
include /inf2/inf2/.../* db_dbspace
include /inf2/inf2/2/* db_log

If I understand the documentation correctly, that should find the log files
and assign them to the db_log management class. The dbspaces (assuming we
don't have one named "2") should be trapped by the next line, and get
assigned to db_dbspace. I will run some tests, of course, but before I get
very far I wanted to check with people who may have done this before.

Thanks!
Kai.