ADSM-L

Re: Backup retention period

2002-06-04 09:57:28
Subject: Re: Backup retention period
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:54:45 +0300
Ruksana,

there is no simple answer, it depends.
If you make two backups to a primary pool and just send one set of tapes
off-site it would expire.If you backup primary pool to copypool it is
same.
One method to retain "forever" first backup and expire next one (with
consequent ones) is to use two node names (with different policies) for
same box. The other method is to use archive instead of backup. Thus on
27-th you create archive with RETVer=NOLimit or very long retension and on
29-th you have regular incremental backup with retextra=92.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant