ADSM-L

Re: delete data from copy-pool

2002-06-04 07:06:53
Subject: Re: delete data from copy-pool
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:05:03 +0200
Hi,

you problem is the sama as Arnaud's I replied to just seconds ago. The data
in the old copypool does not dissapear until it is expired, or until you
explicitly delete the volumes with discarddata=y. This last action is a bit
dangerous is the sense that you fulle depend on the other data on that tape
to be valid on the primary storage pool. On the next backup storage pool
cycle you old big copy pool will be updated to again contain at least all
data you still want to be in there.

If you have the possibility, you could create copypools for all of you
primary storagepools, do backup storage pool for all primairy pools and then
delete all volumes in your old copypool.

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 09:42:24 +0200

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams