ADSM-L

Re: Backup retention period

2002-06-02 23:36:40
Subject: Re: Backup retention period
From: Ruksana Siddiqui <Ruksana.Siddiqui AT AMCOR.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:35:50 +1000
Hi Zaltko,

Sorry to bother you again. I understood the concept of VEREXIST AND
RETEXTRA.

We have done a offlinebackup on 27th may and a online backup on 29th.For me
the offline backup is the most imp one if I had to restore.

if I do the verexist=unlimit and retextra=92 will the inactive backups ie
the offline and the online which I have done ( I have done no backup since
thelast offline and online ) will stay there for the period mentioned.

is there anyway to let TSM know to hold the offline backup forever till I
ask it to delete so ..?

I appreciate any help from you.

With regards,