ADSM-L

Re: DB2 backup problem..

2002-05-31 17:33:54
Subject: Re: DB2 backup problem..
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 17:32:06 -0400
Gerald,

The return codes for tsm products that use the api are in the
api folder, include folder, dsmrc.h file.  TDPO and db2/udp use the
api.  In this case rc=2032 means --

#define DSM_RC_NO_OWNER_REQD       2032 /* owner not allowed. Allow default */

Exactly what to change to fix this?  I have no idea.

Hope this helps,

Bill

At 01:27 PM 5/31/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I can't find this return code anywhere.. anyone know what this means?
>DB2 7.1 EE, TSM 4.2.2 server/client..  both boxes are solaris 2.8
>

>db2 => backup db ds50 online use tsm
>SQL2062N An error occurred while accessing media
>"/opt/db2udb/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a". Reason code: "2032".
>
>db2 => ? sql2062n
>
> SQL2062N An error occurred while accessing media "<media>".
>          Reason code: "<reason-code>"
>
>Explanation:  An unexpected error occurred while accessing a
>device, file, TSM or the vendor shared library during the
>processing of a database utility.  The following is a list of
>reason codes:
>

>1 An attempt to initialize a device, file, TSM or the vendor
>shared library failed.
>
>2 An attempt to terminate a device, file, TSM or the vendor
>shared library failed.
>
>other If you are using TSM, this is an error code returned by
>TSM.
>
>The utility stops processing.
>
>User Response:  Ensure the device, file, TSM or vendor shared
>library used by the utility is available and resubmit the utility
>command.  If the command is still unsuccessful, contact your
>technical service representative.
>

>$ ls -l /opt/db2udb/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a
>-r-r-r-1 bin bin 93664 Apr 17 2001 /opt/db2udb/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a
>

>Regards,
>
>Gerald Wichmann
>Senior Systems Development Engineer
>Zantaz, Inc.