ADSM-L

Re: BACKUP to TAPE, PERFORMANCE

2002-05-29 13:50:24
Subject: Re: BACKUP to TAPE, PERFORMANCE
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 13:48:14 -0400
I thought it was 16MB/sec ........  B1A model type,  and up to 24MB  for
E1A

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

|         |           Gianluca         |
|         |           Perilli/Italy/IBM|
|         |           @IBMIT           |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM:  |
|         |           Dist Stor        |
|         |           Manager"         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           .EDU>            |
|         |           05/30/2002 01:02 |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor |
|         |           Manager"         |

  |       To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                        |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: BACKUP to TAPE, PERFORMANCE

HI Francisco,
HI Francisco,

as far as I know the maximun native throughput of a 3590 drive is 12 MB/s.
If you want something to refer to as a rule of thumb,these are the
performance of the 3590 library:

so you can check if you are having good performance in your environment.

For more information about 3590 tape performances you can refer to this
whitepaper:

http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/tape/3590/prod_data/3590wp6.pdf

Cordiali saluti / Best regards

Gianluca Perilli

Gianluca Perilli
Tivoli Customer Support
Via Sciangai n° 53 - 00144 Roma (Italy)
Tel. 06/5966 - 4581
Cell. 335/7840985

                      Francisco Molero
                      <fmolero AT YAHOO DOT CO        To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      M>                       cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  BACKUP to TAPE,
PERFORMANCE
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      05/29/2002 12:00
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi everybody,

My question is simple. We are running selective backup
through Gigabit, and my STGpool is 3590 Tape Pool. I
want to know, how many Gigabytes you backup per hour??

For bigger files I get a 52 GByte/hour. And I think
these is very slow. This test is only 1 client and no
other clients are accessing to Server.

Any Ideas ????

Thanks, Fran.

Copa del Mundo de la FIFA 2002
Disfruta en vmdeo de los mejores momentos desde tu ordenador.
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/fc/es/

#### pic19254.pcx has been removed from this note on May 29 2002 by Gabriel
Wiley