ADSM-L

Tapes inaccessible after recovery log full

2002-05-29 12:39:42
Subject: Tapes inaccessible after recovery log full
From: Steven Bridge <ccaasub AT UCL.AC DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 17:37:49 +0100
A couple of reclamations were in progress at the time the recovery log
became full. These processes were cancelled and client sessions failed
and the recovery log recovered itself.

The 2 tapes that were being written now seem to be inaccessible for
'move data' or client restore. I tried updating the volume to 'readonly'
and this was OK but accessing processing still returns volume is
inaccessible.

Is this recoverable from ?
Or do I write these off - and recover them as for a physically damaged
tape ?

 Steven Bridge     Systems Group, Information Systems, EISD
                          University College London
 email: s.bridge AT ucl.ac DOT uk                   tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2794