ADSM-L

Re: Sub-File Backup - Number of Delta File Backups

2002-05-28 14:00:06
Subject: Re: Sub-File Backup - Number of Delta File Backups
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 12:58:18 -0500
I don't know if there is a lot of people, but according to this mailing list
there are some!

In Share Session 5722: TSM Performance Tunining
(http://www.share.org/proceedings/sh98/share.htm), Tivoli mentions that
Adaptive Subfile backup is good for pst files.

Generally Outlook is closed when I do my backups.  I am only using the .pst
for my archive, my normal mail is still in Exchange DB.  As long as my pst
has timed out, I can backup with Outlook open with no problems.  If not
timed out then file is in use and cannot be backed up.