ADSM-L

Parm field length for format command????

2002-05-25 17:05:31
Subject: Parm field length for format command????
From: Bo Nielsen <Bo_Nielsen AT FDB DOT DK>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 23:03:35 +0200
Hi,

I hope someone can help me.

I have unloaded my DB on a OS/390 server vers. 4.1.5, and now I try to
initialize the  volumes,
but I get the message:

2 IEF642I EXCESSIVE PARAMETER LENGTH IN THE PARM FIELD

My PARM field look like:
PARM=('/LOADFORMAT 2 XSYS.ADSMVSAM.RLOG1 XSYS.ADSMVSAM.RLOG 3',
' XSYS.ADSMVSAM.DB5 XSYS.ADSMVSAM.DB1 XSYS.ADSMVSAM.DB')

And now I can't restore the DB, because I have format one log and db vol.

> Regards
> Bo Nielsen
>                                               * 43 86 46 71
> COOP data                              * (Internt postcenter): 6230
> IT-Driftscenter                          * bo_nielsen AT fdb DOT dk

If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?