ADSM-L

Re: Backing up the TSM server itself

2002-05-24 14:34:23
Subject: Re: Backing up the TSM server itself
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:32:06 -0400
Hi Thomas,

We surely do.  I have source for TSM scripts, AIX shell scripts for
reporting out TSM data,  /etc/inittab, crontab, dsmaccnt.log, snmp
customization and other customization I've probably forgotten about on the
TSM server that would be a real pain in the posterior to recreate.  So we
backup the TSM server with the baclient.

Just make sure you put in an EXCLUDE for .dsm files (or whatever other
naming convention you use) so you don't backup TSM db, log, and stgpool
container files.  You surely don't want to back up those with the baclient.
Then very little, except customization, changes on the TSM server, anyway.
So the cost is very small, and well worth it.
It has saved me time and grief before, more than once.