ADSM-L

anr5335E

2002-05-24 14:31:53
Subject: anr5335E
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:29:07 -0400
TSM 4.1.4 on OS390.

We're used to seeing some of these every so often, but since Monday
we're getting hammered with em (volume already used). RMM has released
the volumes (3490) so when ADSM (sorry, old habits die hard) calls for a
tape RMM puts one up but ADSM still has it in it's DB. End result is
tapes with little or no data on them (we think) are getting assigned to
ADSM and we're running out of scratch tapes. We're in the process of
tracking a volume to see if we can find out how this is happening but
thought I'd throw it out there for comment or insight.

thanks,

--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman