ADSM-L

Re: Downlevel client code version

2002-05-24 08:34:02
Subject: Re: Downlevel client code version
From: "Ilja G. Coolen" <ilja.coolen AT ABP DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:32:06 +0200
Henrry,

We are in the same situation as you are right now.
We have a pmr open at IBM's at the moment. It's related to the unicode FS
settings. The node information is updated in the TSM database for the
affected node. The NT client using unicode is not downwards compatible. This
is because some node-type field is set to 0500, meaning unicode, while the
original setting is 0300. As i am told.

The commands Paul Seay mentioned are unsupported. They are about resetting
some database fields manually. Very tricky. Don't count on getting these
commands easily.
Tivoli claims that this problem is fixed in 4.2.2.* server coding. What i'd
like to know if the entry in the TSM database is reset when connecting with
the original Netware node. If at all possible. We are waiting on the answer
so we don't upgrade the problem too.

Good luck

Ilja G. Coolen

  _____

ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
Email    : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl <mailto:ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl>
Intranet
        : Storage Web
<http://intranet/cis_bstb/html_content/sm/index_sm.htm>

  _____

Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -