ADSM-L

Cannot delete inactive files

2002-05-23 18:08:48
Subject: Cannot delete inactive files
From: brian welsh <brianwelsh3 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 00:07:02 +0200
Hello,

TSM server 4.1.1.0 on AIX 4.3.3  Client TSM 4.1.3 on NT 4.0 SP6a

A few NT-clients backup sql-dumps with TSM. After two days the original
dumpfile is deleted so the active version becomes inactive. Problem was
parameter Retain Only Version. It was 180 days, but the dump can be deleted
for ever in TSM after 2 days. So we create a new Management Class, with
Retain Only Version 2 days and redirect the directory with the dumps to the
new Management Class in the dsm.opt. So far so good. The old inactive files
are not rebind to the new Management Class. Works as designed. So OK. Now we
want to delete the old inactive (status in TSM deactivated) files in some
way, otherwise the last file binded to the old Management Class will be
expired within 180 days. We like to delete all the old sql-dump files.

We changed client-setting Backup Delete Allowed from No to Yes. When I am in
the GUI on the client and chose Utilities,Delete Filespaces you can expand
the filetree of the filespace, but I can't select any individual files. I
don't want to delete a whole directory or filespace, but individual old
files.

Is that possible?
Is it possible to do this in some way from the server or did you have to do
this from the client?

Thanks,

Brian.

MSN Foto's is de makkelijkste manier om je foto's te delen met anderen en af
te drukken: http://photos.msn.nl/Support/WorldWide.aspx