ADSM-L

Problems after unloaddb/loaddb

2002-05-23 11:25:04
Subject: Problems after unloaddb/loaddb
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:22:57 -0400
Everyone,
I tried out the unloaddb/loaddb on one of my NT TSM Servers. The Server is up
and running but am facing a few problems:
1. I formatted space on my z drive for db and log(as I had before the unloaddb)
dsmserv loadformat 1 z:\tsmdata\server1\log1.dsm 2048 1
z:\tsmdata\server1\db1.dsm 5120

It was looking for the devcnfg.out file under z:\tsmdata for the loaddb command
so I put it there. Then after it finished it was looking for the volhist.out
file in the same location. It finished without the file.
After the loaddb operation when I started the server it now looks for all the
files dsmserv.opt, volhist.out, devcnfg.out under
c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\server instead of c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\server1.
1. How do I make it look for the dsmserv.opt file under c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\server1 instead of c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\server
2. Now it will not delete any volhist files when I give the command
DELETE VOLHISTORY TODATE=05/22/2002 TOTIME="10:47:22" TYPE=DBBACKUP
 What is the problem? and is there a solution?

Rajesh Oak

Outgrown your current e-mail service?
Get a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads and No Taglines with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus