ADSM-L

Re: problem with tape library on solaris

2002-05-23 08:29:05
Subject: Re: problem with tape library on solaris
From: Samiran Das <sdas AT COSMOS.DCMDS.CO DOT IN>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 17:59:53 +0530
Your devclass definition says device type as LTO where as your drive
definition says device type as DLT.  The output given by you says your
drives are DLT type.
Target 1
  Unit 0   Removable Tape     QUANTUM DLT7000         2560
Target 2
  Unit 0   Removable Tape     QUANTUM DLT7000         2560

So define a new device class as follows
>define devc DC.TAPE.LIB_TAPE_2 LIB_TAPE_1 devtype=dlt

Direct you data base backup to this device class and database backup should
be working.
For your storage pool, you need to delete the storage pool and redefine it
using this new device class. Then you can delete you old device class.

Samiran Das

                    Gerald
                    Wichmann             To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <gwichman@ZAN        cc:
                    TAZ.COM>             Subject:     Re: problem with tape
library on
                    Sent by:             solaris
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    05/21/2002
                    09:28 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Yep.. I should've posted that output as well. I've confirmed that other
processes also cause the same error (e.g. migrations). Guess I'll call IBM
this morning and see what they have to say. I probably forgot something
somewhere..

tsm: SERVER1>q devc f=d

             Device Class Name: DC.TAPE.LIB_TAPE_1
        Device Access Strategy: Sequential
            Storage Pool Count: 1
                   Device Type: LTO
                        Format: ULTRIUMC
         Est/Max Capacity (MB): 102,400.0
                   Mount Limit: DRIVES
              Mount Wait (min): 60
         Mount Retention (min): 60
                  Label Prefix: ADSM
                       Library: LIB_TAPE_1
                     Directory:
                   Server Name:
                  Retry Period:
                Retry Interval:
                        Shared:
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
         Last Update Date/Time: 05/12/02   01:14:47

Regards,

Gerald Wichmann
Senior Systems Development Engineer
Zantaz, Inc.