ADSM-L

Re: Running a Windows Batch file on my Windows server

2002-05-22 11:56:09
Subject: Re: Running a Windows Batch file on my Windows server
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 11:50:52 -0400
Instead of deleting and re-defining the schedule , we've changed our
procedures to just update the schedule with a new starttime/startdate of
NOW+hh:ss and TODAY. Saves having to del/define/associate everything. This
way you can manually define the schedule the way you want before creating
the script. And then change the association if need be without script
changes. You can't update a script if the server is currently running that
script. Our daily storage pool backup script runs with lots of WAIT=YES, so
it's difficult to update that script. We've tried to move as much OUT of the
script as we can to ease changes.

Unfortunately, UPDATEing the schedule also seems to remove any event
history. Just like deleting a schedule, all event history is removed, too.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.