ADSM-L

Automating Scheduling service in OS/2

2002-05-21 21:04:35
Subject: Automating Scheduling service in OS/2
From: Paul Ward <paul_ward AT HSBC DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:47:14 -0700
Hey All,

I have a question relating to automating the scheduler on a os/2 client
running TSM 3.7.2 client.  What happens is upon boot up the os/2 machine
calls a script which runs the following command "dsmc schedule -password
=<password>". The problem is that this command fails unless I have logged
in  with the dsm command. So what I do currently is when the machine boots
up I issue the dsm command, I then specify the password manually and
finally I run the dsmc command with the scheduler option. I been looking
through the manuals to find a command or some configuration settings to
solve this problem but I haven't been able to find anything yet. I am
fairly new to TSM and I would appreciate any help anyone could give.

Oh by the way the Server is a NT machine running TSM 4.2.1

thanks in advance

Paul