ADSM-L

Re: DISASTER Client Restores Slow

2002-05-21 10:49:17
Subject: Re: DISASTER Client Restores Slow
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:08:42 +0300
It is up to you how to set-up the TSM server policies. If you prefer to
save space on off-site tapes you have to pay a price and it is many tape
mounts. If you want speedy restores as from primary tapes you can
collocate off-site pool as well. An example:
business critical servers - primary collocated by filespace, copy
collocated by node
important servers - primary collocated by node, copy not collocated
other servers (or notebook of financial manager saving on tapes :-) -
not collocated both primary and copy

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant