ADSM-L

TSM 4.2 ON SUN SOLARIS, USING OS/390 HSC 4.1 WITH LIBRARY STATION

2002-05-18 05:21:56
Subject: TSM 4.2 ON SUN SOLARIS, USING OS/390 HSC 4.1 WITH LIBRARY STATION
From: "Mamaril, Renan" <rmamaril AT ISD.SBCOUNTY DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:43:10 -0700
We are currently testing TSM 4.2 on the following environment. SUN running
TSM 4.2, STK9310 Tape Library using HSC and Library Station. The tape drive
is 9840 Fiber Channel connected to Brocade 3800 and using Emulex HBA. We
have several issues that we are trying to resolve and it looks like
StorageTek is having a hard time resolving this issues. I appreciate if you
have similar environment implementation and provide some feedback. Here are
the issues:
1.      Every time we reboot the SUN Server, we are getting a message says
that "ANR8860W Volume 500003 is already locked by ISDBKP1"  and to release
the lock, we have to delete and defined the lock dataset definition on the
library station and bounce HSC.
2.      When a mount command issued by TSM to the Library Station, a bunch
of mount message appears on the mainframe console and the request from TSM
aborts.

Thanks!