ADSM-L

Re: CFS & NAS considerations on TSM

2002-05-16 12:11:29
Subject: Re: CFS & NAS considerations on TSM
From: John Bremer <jbremer AT LANL DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:53:21 -0600
No.  The NDMP agent does volume level backup/restore only.  I don't know if
you can restore in parallel with your six drives, probably,  but they need
to be attached to your NAS device.

We backup our NAS devices through a TSM client who mounts the filespaces,
thereby getting file level granularity, but poor performance.

At SHARE the Tivoli gurus discussed at length whether we (TSM user
population) really needed file level NDMP support, since the bar seems
pretty high to achieve that.  My feeling is this enhancement is down the
road a ways.

John