ADSM-L

Re: Tuning TSM

2002-05-16 08:44:21
Subject: Re: Tuning TSM
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 05:43:24 -0700
Run multiple concurrent client sessions...
Run with TSM client compression...
Go to disk first (to help facilitate the multiple concurrent sessions seeing
how you only have one drive)...
Get another drive ! ! ! (will really help when you have to run reclamation)
I'm partial to 3590's but lots of folks are running LTO's
for backups, look into resourceutilization
for archives, just fire off multiple, if backing up a large DB run 25+
concurrently
we archive a 3.1 TB SAP data base in 20 hours running 25 concurrent sessions
with TSM client compression (compresses the info down to about 800 GB) and
back over 100 Mb/sec fast ethernet (@ 40 GB/hr)  across GigE we run about 70
GB/hr so do the same work in just 12 hours (or so)...

just my 2 cents worth

Dwight