ADSM-L

Re: Virtualnodename issue concerning Windows and AIX

2002-05-16 07:30:25
Subject: Re: Virtualnodename issue concerning Windows and AIX
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:30:36 +0200
Hi Ilja!
I don't think it's a filespace renaming problem. I think you are running
into the fact that once you connect with a newer client version, you can't
This is stated in the readme:
Data that has been backed up or archived from a TSM V4.2 client using the
encryption feature, or from any TSM V4.2 Windows client, cannot be restored
or retrieved to any previous level client, regardless of the TSM server
level. The data must be restored or retrieved by a V4.2.0 or higher level
client.
Personally I don't see this as a bug. One just should not connect to TSM
pretending to be another user as long as you are using different client
levels or OS.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines