ADSM-L

Expire inventory (or audit license) hangs migrations and backups

2002-05-16 06:13:57
Subject: Expire inventory (or audit license) hangs migrations and backups
From: Tomáš Hrouda <throuda AT HTD DOT CZ>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 12:14:08 +0200
Hi there,

Env: TSM server for MVS v4.2.0.0 with about 200 client nodes

At last time I had noted TSM server hangs when expire inventory or audit
license processes are running.
Some client backup sessions and all processes (migrations including audit or
expire itself) are freezed, otherwise administration is possible. After
recycling TSM server all gone OK.
My question: Is there some restrictions to simultaneous running of expire
inventory (or audit license) and migrations (or client backups)? Is it
posible that these two precesses can definitely hangs all other server work?
The system that I mentioned is relatively high-loaded and there is hard to
avoid collisions with backups.

Any help will be appreciated.
Sorry for my english :-)

Tom