ADSM-L

Scheduler on Solaris stops responding

2002-05-15 17:00:56
Subject: Scheduler on Solaris stops responding
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 16:01:16 -0500
I have had a strange problem that has been following two our our Solaris
boxes.  They are both running 5.8 and I had one of the boxes upgrade to
TSM 4.2.2.  We fire up the scheduler, and it runs normally, once, then it
stops responding.  Netstat shows that the scheduler is listening on 1501, but
the connection from the server times out.  If the scheduler is restarted,
it runs, but only once.

The sched log and error log don't show any errors.  Anyone seen this problem?

We run tons of Sun boxes the same way, with 4.1.3 TSM clients, and they don't
seem to have a problem.  We don't have any firewalls to/from the server.

Server is AIX 4.3.3, running TSM 4.2.2.  Clients are 4.1.3 and 4.2.2.

Got me swinging.

thanks in advance!

bob