ADSM-L

Re: Anyone know what is up with ANR0197E

2002-05-14 08:11:09
Subject: Re: Anyone know what is up with ANR0197E
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:03:50 -0400
Sorry,    A q vol shows nothing out of the ordinary/ volumes in read-write
.

                Volume Name: D03071
          Storage Pool Name: CDWOFFSITE
          Device Class Name: IBM3590
    Estimated Capacity (MB): 67,159.6
                   Pct Util: 100.0
              Volume Status: Full
                     Access: Read/Write
     Pct. Reclaimable Space: 0.0
            Scratch Volume?: No
            In Error State?: No
   Number of Writable Sides: 1
    Number of Times Mounted: 1
          Write Pass Number: 1
  Approx. Date Last Written: 05/13/02   17:30:35
     Approx. Date Last Read: 05/13/02   17:30:35
        Date Became Pending:
     Number of Write Errors: 0
      Number of Read Errors: 0
            Volume Location:
Last Update by (administrator): WILEYG
      Last Update Date/Time: 05/12/02   12:33:20

DO I NEED TO SEE AN OPTOMETRIST ?

The message happens usually when a backup stgpool is running or
reclamation.

Haven't  yet notcied it at DBbackup time, probably because my pager is
backed up from all the other messages I am getting.

I will see if it happens on a DBbackup volume today..

No command was issued, script checks actlog for anything out of the
ordinary(or what I haven't placed in the page_exclude list)

If auditing is the resolution, it will take weeks for that to complete on 3
thousand tapes.

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

|         |           David Longo        |
|         |           <David.Longo@HEALTH|
|         |           -FIRST.ORG>        |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM:    |
|         |           Dist Stor Manager" |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           DU>                |
|         |           05/13/2002 08:22 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor   |
|         |           Manager"           |

  |       To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                        |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: Anyone know what is up with ANR0197E

I have 4.2.1.10 and message is not on my system or in messages pdf.
Did you try a q vol volname f=d or a content volname to see what
info if any about these available?

You didn't indicate whatb command you issued that gave the errors
listed.  Is a reclamation, backup DB or any other process involving
tape/disk/DB going on?  I would wait for quiet or cancel processes and
again.  May need to do audit volume to fix.

David Longo

>>> wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM 05/13/02 05:09PM >>>
I have checked in/out  and re-labeled these tapes 3-4 times, no message
available.

Does anyone know what this means and how to resolve?

05/13/02   16:40:43  ANR0197E Removal of extraneous database entries for
volume
                       D03071 failed due to contention with other server
                      processes or activities.
05/13/02   16:40:43  ANR0197E Removal of extraneous database entries for
volume
                       D03072 failed due to contention with other server
                      processes or activities.
05/13/02   17:03:43  ANR2017I Administrator WILEYG issued command: QUERY
ACTLOG
more...   (<ENTER> to continue, 'C' to cancel) c
Output to screen cancelled.  Please wait for the 'tsm>' prompt.
tsm: >help ANR0197E
ANR2307E No help text could be found for this message: ANR0197E.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

AIX 4.3.3 ML9+  TSM 4.2.1.15

Am I going to have to audit 3K volumes?

TIA!

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 05/13/02 20:37:26
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular
entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views
or opinions.