ADSM-L

TDP 4 Exchange, relationship between Full and Incremental Backup

2002-05-14 03:56:38
Subject: TDP 4 Exchange, relationship between Full and Incremental Backup
From: Wolfgang Herkenrath <w.herkenrath AT LVR DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:56:09 +0100
Hi *sm profis,

I have a little question to tune my understanding of TDP 4 exchange.
When I have to do a restore from an icremental backup TSM restores the last
full backup and all following incremental backups.
How secure TSM that there is a valid full backup?

What happens, when I define a schedule wich makes a full backup once a week and
incremental at the other days. Then, shit  happens, the full backup doesn't run
correct, and the old one is expired. Is the next incremental automaticly an
full backup?

TIA
Wolfgang