ADSM-L

Include/Exclude again...

2002-05-13 14:38:48
Subject: Include/Exclude again...
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 13:38:08 -0500
I have an issue that I am having trouble resolving.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

On one machine (Win2K) we have some large files generated on a directory,
then on occasion they are written to a DVD or two, and are taken offsite for
archive.

I need to
  1. backup the machine
  2. backup the 'temporary data' space on the disk
  3. backup the DVD's to tape if they are still in the computer at backup
        time.

I am getting good backups.  But I need to reduce the number of backups I
keep of 2 and 3 above (like to 2 copies till they are removed, and 1 copy
after that for 10 days or so.

If things are working right, (2) stays empty, and (3) takes a week or so to
fill.  If things are wrong, (3) is full or not working, and (2) is filling,
and this
is when the backups are most critical.

Suggestions on how I should set up this machines backups?

Thanks. ... Jack