ADSM-L

Re: Reclaming offsite tapes

2002-05-10 21:16:22
Subject: Re: Reclaming offsite tapes
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 20:15:46 -0500
If it is "Pending", it means that, even though the tape has no valid
contents for
your current production database could recover, you still have a valid
database
backup offsite that has not expired that does know what is on that tape, and
if
in a disaster situation you need to use that old database backup, it would
need
the tape that is currently "Pending".

Once it is shown as Free or Empty rather than Pending, you can re-use that
tape.