ADSM-L

Re: Reclaming offsite tapes

2002-05-10 17:49:27
Subject: Re: Reclaming offsite tapes
From: "Adamson, Matt" <matt.adamson AT ATTWS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:49:44 -0700
Sorry if I sound a little ignorant.  I took our backup environment over a
few months ago and have been trying to learn how it was set up.  It was
explained to me that I could not get tapes back from offsite, just in case
we need to do a Point in time restore with DRM. I have asked if we could
bring tapes back that are in a Pending state and was told NO.  Example: If
we pulled a DBSnap from lets say August 2001, it was explained to me that
some of these tapes that are marked Pending now, As of August 2001 they
could have data on them at that point in time.
Am I missing something or am I to assume that I can pull these(Pending)
tapes back.

={