ADSM-L

Re: TSM Restore Problem on Netware 5.1

2002-05-10 10:17:32
Subject: Re: TSM Restore Problem on Netware 5.1
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:17:44 -0400
I had the same problem here a few months ago.  The problem (as usual)
is with Netware.  With SP3, Novell changed some bit (I don't understand
all the Netware stuff).  Our Netware admins checked the info I got from
Tivoli when I opened a ticket.
A new TSA from Novell solved the problem.  The known Novell issue is       A
new TSA from Novell solved the problem.  The known Novell issue is
TID #10063960
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10063960.htm
.
Their NW version was 5.1 sp3, TSA500 5.05, TSM Client 4.2.1.0
---------------------------------------
Your Netware Admin will probably find superseeding fixes as ours did,
Your Netware Admin will probably find superseeding fixes as ours did,
he just went to the latest stuff and solved the problem.  Note: I think
you have to turn the bit back off or something.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> jinsankim AT SYMPATICO DOT CA 05/09/02 11:52PM >>>
Hi, All

Recently I hava a restoration problem.
TSM 3.7 (Server on AIX)
TSM 4.2.1 (Client)
Netware 5.1 SP3

I believed TSM modules are all updated.

Problem: Retrieve from Archive is OK but restore is not because of file write
error.

Q1: Why retrieve is OK but restore is not?
Q2: TSM problem or Netware problem?
Q3: What kinds of permissions and trustees required for the id to backup?
Q4: Mechanism of retrieve from archive vs. restore from backup

Need your help asap!

Thanks in advance.

Jason

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 05/10/02 10:32:53
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.