ADSM-L

Re: Mirrored DELETE DBVOL, LOGVOL?

2002-05-09 19:22:14
Subject: Re: Mirrored DELETE DBVOL, LOGVOL?
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 02:21:46 +0300
You can delete (copy) dbvol even without reducing the DB and having it
almost full. If the dbvol to be deleted is a mirror copy TSM LVM breaks
the mirror (no any data move) and just deletes volume entry.
Actual data move happens when you move primary/last mirror copy of the
dbvol in question. And TSM LVM does not forbid you to have one volume with
two (or even three) mirror copies and another one without any redundancy.
It is just the same as AIX LVM - you can have one LV with mirrors and
another without.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consulant